Dwarf Frog ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 dward frogs. At the moment I have them in a 29 gallon tank with 19 the fish. I havent seen them eat at all. Everytime I try and feed them the fish get their food. I have an octigon 2 gallon tank without a heater. Would that be ok or do I need to get a heater for that tank? Or would the light keep the water warm enough for them? Do I need an air pump for the tank too? I just want these little guys to have a good life and I know in that big tank with 19 fish they are never going to eat with those big bunch of pigs around.

Try getting the food to them, a baster has been mentioned on other post. And if you do set up another tank treat it just like a fish tank as for water quality. They don't need oxygen in the tank but are affected by ammonia etc.

Well I took them out of the tank to vacuum the gravel and put some food in the container with them and they dont seem a bit interested in it. So I think that I am going to put them both back in the tank for now until I can get to walmart and get a small heater and some new gravel for the tank.

I love dwarf frogs

I had the same problem with dwarf frogs they never got a chance to eat cause all the other fish got it first. If you don't have some get frozen blood worms. They sink to the bottom and if you place them near the frogs they will eat. They like the same tempurature as your other community fish, they also breath air. If you watch them they will swim to the surface and take a big gulp from time to time. They also like places to hide under rocks and wood. Good luck

I kept 2 of my frogs in a 2.5 gallon hex tank. I ran the tank with the UGF that came with the tank and no heater. The light in the hood had a incandecint(? spelling?) light. I just watched the water temp and used the light to heat the water. This worked great for about a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom