Dwarf Frogs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bartlette

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So in my spare 10 gallon tank, i just have a german ram thought i bought as a female but it is actually a male... So i had to move it from my 29... Anyways, with him in there, and a filter rated for up to 35 gallons, how many african dwarf frogs? Also what do you guys feed them? Before, when i had them, they never seem to eat either freeze dried blood worms or flakes... Will pellets work better? Sinking shrimp ones?

Will a single one of those big african frogs work? (I forgot the name, but its the one that is similar to the ADF but a heck of a lot bigger...)

Sent from a cave in the eastward side o a sand dune.

Your bigger frog is an ACF. They have claws unlike dwarf frogs as the name suggests.

When I had some ADF I hand fed them ZooMed aquatic frog pellets along with frozen bloodworms as a treat. Spot feeding or hand feeding is required as they have poor eyesight.

These guys are social so a group 3-4 for your tank size is recommended. More of you can maintain water quality.

Provide plenty of hiding places as they like shaded areas to chill out. They love live plants as well.

Sand substrate is recommended because of their bellies. It's easier on them.

Hope this helps :)

Caleb

It does help. I have a lot of extra filter on it, willing to do a bit of extra water changes if i need to... Would the clawed frog work? Thats for the name btw... I want add about 4 ADF and im considering a betta to add onto that after the frogs settle...

Would the clawed frog work out? Or too big...

It does help. I have a lot of extra filter on it, willing to do a bit of extra water changes if i need to... Would the clawed frog work? Thats for the name btw... I want add about 4 ADF and im considering a betta to add onto that after the frogs settle...

Would the clawed frog work out? Or too big...

You could do one. I wouldn't do it with anything else though because of their claws.

ADF are fine with a betta.

Caleb

Would be very careful with a blue ram in 10g imo.

It has been done, but water parameters in such a small system can quickly go askew.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To be honest, the 10 gallon is the least important to me in my book. I feed them and change the water and such, but the water conditions are, im sure, a bit less than ideal. In my opinion, they are a bit tougher than people make them out to be... However they are definitely not a super tough fish...

I'd suggest adf rather than acf. The acf can be aggressive and do better in species only imo. 4 adf will do well. They like large leaves to sit on/under and wood to hide under. Beware of large rocks that they can get their legs stuck under. As for food, mine eat frozen bloodworm and frozen brine shrimp for treats and daily they have new era catfish pellets. Never had a problem with them not eating x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom