Dwarf Frogs Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I have a question about these Frogs, Since my Wife had to have them.

Well The guy at Petco told me that if I add them to May Main tank My Barbs would rip them apart. I was Just Wondering if Anyone Has Kept these Dwarf Frogs With Tiger barbs before, and How did it Turn out?

I have never had them in a larger set up, but it is easier to have them on their own. They are not the best at getting to the food, the fish drastically out-race them. They also need to be in a tank that is not too high. I'm not sure of an exact length, but around a foot is the highest it needs to be. These guys will normally stay at the bottom and must swim to the top to gather air.

Smaller frogs are a common meal to many fish and I would imagine barbs would also nip at them. I'm sure someone with direct experiance can help you or you could attempt a trial and see what happens. Just have a net waiting and do this a few hours after a big feeding.

I agree that a species only tank would be best for these guys.

I have to presume that tiger barbs would rip them to shreds, being the nasty little buggers that they are.

Back
Top Bottom