Dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I am going to put a group of five neon tetras and five cherry barbs in a 20 gallon long, will a dwarf gourami be a good addition, will it be aggresive towards my other fish? Thank you :)

I had cherry barbs for about a month until i gave them away, they were very aggressive to each other and the other fish. I would do more dwarf gouramis instead of the cherry barbs. If you really like the barbs try some golden barbs, as long as they have the room to swim, they keep to themself

Really, dang it!
Ok, maybe you can help me pick fish, I'm adding 5 neon tetras (top swimmers) and kuhli loaches and shrimp for the bottom, but I need a middle class swimmer, any suggestions?

Please try to keep all your 20 gallon stocking questions to one thread instead of opening several threads about the same topic.

So, anybody thinking about a middle class swimmer for a 20 gallon long that would go with the above fish?

Ok, with that said, sorry if I'm annoying you :hide: what is a good top swimmer, how about zebra danios?

The height of a 20 long doesn't allow to be very categorical with the top bottom and middle. Chances are they will be almost everywhere due to its height.

Ok, so with no categories, are neon tetras, glowlight tetras or lamp eye tetras( can't decide on which one of those two) kuhli loaches and shrimp good in a 20 long

White clowd minnows are the best that come to my mind. Zebra danios as you said and leopard danios as well are some good top dwellers.

Yea, I've had wcmm before, but I want something new, how about the neon tetras, and either glowlight or lamp eye tetras?

White clowd minnows are the best that come to my mind. Zebra danios as you said and leopard danios as well are some good top dwellers.

You would get temp issues with cloud minnows... Also, zebra danios only stick to the top if you have something way bigger an aggressive with them. Mine were mid-swimmers until I got my cichlids in there.

Yea, I've had wcmm before, but I want something new, how about the neon tetras, and either glowlight or lamp eye tetras?
I like glowlights, but its you're opinion. You could get a school of tetras and 4 kuhlis. Maybe a school of neons and a school of glowlight or lamp eyes.

I don't really think I'll be getting the danios, I'll substitute those with glowlight or lamp eye tetras

Back
Top Bottom