Dwarf Gourami in a ten gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candacecook1025

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have three dwarf gouramis in my 60 gallon tank, and so far they have all gotten along great. But now the youngest one seems to be getting bullied a little bit. If it doesn't get better, I will need to move him. The only other option is a 10 gallon tank but a lot of websites say that DGs need at least 20-30 gallons. Anybody keep a DG in a 10 gallon? I definitely want him to be happy and have lots of space, but I think I am going to need to move him soon.

Thanks!

Take the bully fish and put him in a breeder net for a day or two. I have done this with tiger barbs and other fish. It seems to calm them down and stops them from being so territorial. Just a step to try. As for a one in a ten gallon, I personally don't think you would have an issue. If the tank is properly cared for he should be fine. Why not take him into your fish store and grab another and see if you have anymore issues.

A dwarf gourami should be fine in a 10g. They can be sensitive, so obviously keep up on water changes, but otherwise everything should be OK.

Thanks guys! I could exchange him but I would feel like I just gave up on him lol. I will first try the breeder box (I have one that I made that is pretty large so it won't aggravate him too much.) and then if it doesn't seem to help, I will move him to the 10 gallon. Appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom