Dwarf Gourami-Male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alanabriane

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. So, I've had this gourami for about 3 months now and I've never been able to find out the gender. Help? Image1481611485.918637.jpg

I want to say male? Someone correct me if I am wrong. Females are silver and smaller than the males. The one looks full grown and has red to him. Also, it may be nothing, but I think I see white stringy feces. That could be internal parasites. BUT, sometime that can be just what you fed them. But if that is everyday and continues to look stringy, I would look into what is wrong. That may be why he is a little pale. And how big is that tank?

It's 10 gallons
And okay, thank you for letting me know! If it is a parasite, what would you say is the best way to get rid of them?

IF it is internal parasites, Seachem Metro with Seachem Focus helps treat it. This is a safe medication. But you need to mix it in with the food so they ingest the medication. But only do this if you keep seeing what I described. You don't want to throw medication at fish if there is nothing wrong. If none of the stores around you sell it, try looking on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom