Dwarf gourami question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessybehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just brought home a dwarf gourami and he was swimming around checking things out. But he's hiding for awhile now. Could it just see from a little stress?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

noticing your have a few posts I wanted to ask how old is the tank? its normal for a fish to be stressed for the first bit. I would like to rules out any other things that could be causing stress.

It's a dwarf gourami - they're incredibly skittish in nature, and like tons of places to hide. It took feeding mine about a month before he started getting the courage to come out and towards the surface when he sees me. They've got a lot of personality, can be real bullies to other fish in smaller tanks, but mine has "learned" to trust me being near the tank. Sudden movements or loud noises and he's the first thing to run into hiding.

^^^^ I agree they are great show off fish and I can feed mine by hand and have only had him two days but this is my second one I've had.

I think I've been nervous last two weeks with getting my tank stabilized again after having it for over a year. My gourami is swimming fast and fun. I noticed today a damaged side fin on one of my mollies so I'm bringing it back to the store today to see what her verdict is lol. You see if you look closely. The second picture shows the pretty much missing fin. But none of my other fish are aggressive

Attachments

• 1398979208591.jpg
    1398979208591.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 1398979321994.jpg
    1398979321994.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 86
Gourami are incredibly territorial, or can be in a smaller tank, my bet is he nipped the fin off the other guy. Mine pretty much took care of three guppies and removed most of the fins on my longfin danio, before I could rescue the remaining fish I had in the tank.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Crisis averted! A bacteria prob easily fixable her fin and her will be happy in no time

For the last time it was not my gourami. I began noticing her swimming less before the gourami was brought home (he's a new fish) it is also not fin rot. She has her fin kept pinned to the side right now maybe banged it who knows. But he gave me fish keeper yo help it become anything

She's already swimming with her hurt fin and she enjoying swimming with everyone including the gourami

Back
Top Bottom