Dwarf Mud Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZCNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Found these Dwarf Mud Crabs on aqua bid wanted to see if anyone has them or tryed them out and if its true what it says about them on aqua bid

Dwarf Mud Crabs (Rhithropanopeus harrisii). Nice peaceful crabs that are fully aquatic and do not harm other tank inhabitants. Shipped out at ¼-3/4 inches. Max out at 1.25 inches. A purely freshwater crab from my collection locale. May be acclimated to brackish tanks. Care: Ammonia 0 Nirite 0 Nitrate 80 or below pH: 7-8.5 Temp: 50-85F (temperate crabs, can tolerate cooler temps) Compatibility: With each other: tolerate each other well and can be kept 1 per gallon, need separate hides for molting. Other tankmates: not know to attack anything unless already sick or dead Food: any high-quality sinking pellet These crabs become less shy with time and will typically run out for food. Although they may reproduce in captivity, the larvae are difficult to raise and may require marine conditions. Freshwater populations have been found in Texas and Louisiana, other populations live anywhere from fresh to full marine. The ones for sale are collected in freshwater locales Life expectancy for young crabs is about 3-5 years. The best crab to be kept in planted or peaceful tanks as they will not harm tankmates, eat live plants, or climb out of tanks most tank setups work well, just avoid fish or other inverts large enough to harm the crabs....they really like fine river sand to burrow in.

Attachments

• Crab.jpg
    Crab.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 266
I don't know anything about them but I've been looking into Thai Micro Crabs for our one 24g nano fish tank. I'm curious to hear what anyone has to say about them.

Back
Top Bottom