Dwarf Platy???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was at my LFS a few days ago and saw these platies labeled "Dwarf Platies" (the most adorable little things). They were just red, but they might come in more varieties. They were just little stout platies. I did some research on them and can't really find much on them. I did hear a rumor that they are stunted though. Does anybody else have any experience or info on them? Thanks!

I'll try and see if I can find some pics on the internet, but I might have to wait until I get to the lfs again (next weekend).

Ya, my mom just fell in love with them at tge lfs. The way that yhe look so excited while swimming up to the glass. Adorable...

I would say that it's not really a dwarf, unless it is a lot smaller than normal platies. My cousin has accidentally bred dwarves due to inbreeding. If it is a true dwarf, I would shy away from it IMO.

Hope I helped!

They looked very stout compared to the normal ones. Are they a genetic defect?

Maxw47 said:
They looked very stout compared to the normal ones. Are they a genetic defect?

I'm pretty sure it is, I don't have any evidence to back that up though, just my gut feeling lol

Back
Top Bottom