dyed fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longbrro

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi there.....yesterday i bought 20 baby fish that has been colored....i think they are severum......but they are so young i didn't know there true id...i think they are severum or parrot.

are the color will make them die after a while or they will live ???

i didn't know they are artificially colored until a friend of mine show me it on google.

i want your advices guys

i dont think they are blood parrot....because i have older severum and they have the same body shape....i think they are baby severum....do you have any advice

yes it is like this.
my main thing is i dont want them to die because of the dye color.....and did the colored fishes die because of the coloring ?.

Ok dude lol (I'm a girl haha). That will work. And maybe MFDRookie will be able to help too, he knows a lot about cichlids.

im so sorry sweety.....omg im so sorry i feel like im idiot...please forgive me.
thank you for helping me dear sweetheart.

about the guy you send me ...should i send him a message or im him ?

Um, he will more than likely see this and respond in the next hour or two.
No worries lol, the scary fish for a pic probably throws you off haha!

do you have any pictures of the fish you have? that would help alot. they could be dyed, though ive personally never seen an lfs dye them. they could be injected with hormones as that will usually make them more colorful, but then again, not necessarily the case. They could be a hybrid as well. If you had a picture of them, it would be alot easier to id them. I wouldnt really be concerned if they were dyed though, they wouldnt use dye in them if it killed the fish, so even if thats the case, i wouldnt worry.

the photo of the fishes

hay guy....this is the photo of the fishes we talked about.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg