Dying Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robin.curtisza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I have lost 2 guppies in the last two days (3 left). I am not certain what is causing the issue. They seem fine. Fins spread nicely, schooling with the other guppies. Then I go out for a couple of hours, get back and then one has died.

All of the othe fish in the tank seem to be very happy. 6 Tetras, 5 Danios, 4 Albino Cory, 1 Upsidedown catfish, 1 chinese algea eater.

Temperature is stable, water is stable. I am not certain what could be wrong?

Any advice on what I should be looking for?

I cycled it originally, but there was a water change a couple of days before (2 days). The strange thing is that they seem 100% fine, then all of a sudden they just die.

Maybe it is the algae eater. I heard they can harm fish, because they can eat the slime the fish produce.

redsea said:
Maybe it is the algae eater. I heard they can harm fish, because they can eat the slime the fish produce.

It could definitely be the algae eater if it was an adult one. How big is the tank???

What about the water quality? Could you give us the exact parameters please? Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom