Dying oranda - goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaheelAhmad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My black oranda became a bit sick and started swimming upside down, i didnt know what to do so the other fish in tank started to eat him alive, so i created this net to separate him from other fish while being in same tank. Also feeding it in same net.
It still stays upside down but at least alive from two days.

Do you guys/girls think it will survive this way? I dont know much but is there anything i can to heal it and make it live longer.

I did notice it couldnt swim fine like before because his fins being eaten. And i also saw some blood on it because of the injuries other fishes gave him while eating him.

IMG_1399.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg

From what I can tell from the pics, it looks like it may have dropsy (bloat). That's a difficult condition to cure under the best of circumstances, but give your fish's weakened/damaged state, I doubt it can be saved. Unfortunately, I think the best thing you can do for the fish is to euthanize it immediately. Sorry.

From what I can tell from the pics, it looks like it may have dropsy (bloat). That's a difficult condition to cure under the best of circumstances, but give your fish's weakened/damaged state, I doubt it can be saved. Unfortunately, I think the best thing you can do for the fish is to euthanize it immediately. Sorry.

I dont want to kill the little fellow... But ifbthere isnt any hope it will survive then i have no choice...

Back
Top Bottom