Easy fish with interesting behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
"Easy" like, good for beginners and happy in a 29 gallon.

And under what conditions?

I'm watching a trio of rosy tetras "dance", some danios tear around the tank like teenagers on skateboards, Otos bounce around like squirrels ... Glowlight neons look pretty but the behavior is boring ...

I was also remembering how their behavior has changed with different setups and tankmates.

Who do you most enjoy watching?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Cories, follow the leader almost all day long hilarious! and Amano shrimp dance like little water ballerinas and steal food from each other and eat little mini wafers like a hamburger, and Bamboo shrimp so interesting. All immeasurably entertaining.

I find honey gouramis very fun to watch, plus they're one of the hardiest fish I've kept. They have a lot of grace in terms of their movement but also exhibit a great deal of curiosity as they glide around feeling stuff with their "feelers". I also like how they're not constantly moving forward like some fish. Instead the honey gourami will swim, suddenly stop, back a up bit, and then turn and swim in a different direction and so forth. Their behavior is also 10x more interesting if the tank is nicely planted with some plants providing shade from the light (because of this I also recommend floating plants like Amazon frogbit).

I find honey gouramis very fun to watch, plus they're one of the hardiest fish I've kept. They have a lot of grace in terms of their movement but also exhibit a great deal of curiosity as they glide around feeling stuff with their "feelers". I also like how they're not constantly moving forward like some fish. Instead the honey gourami will swim, suddenly stop, back a up bit, and then turn and swim in a different direction and so forth. Their behavior is also 10x more interesting if the tank is nicely planted with some plants providing shade from the light (because of this I also recommend floating plants like Amazon frogbit).

That's interesting! I thought gouramis were often a little delicate, and never thought about things that swim more than just forward.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom