Easy to answer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased a bottle of Prime to start using instead of what I have been using. The bottle I got says one cap full per 50 gal. Well I have a 20 and a 10 gal. What do I need to use? All the bottle at the store had that written on it. I don't want to add too much or not enough.

Could you honestly not figure this answer out for yourself? You even went so far as to say that it was an "easy to answer question". I don't see how this question was worthy of a post. Simple math.

Please forgive me for not wanting to kill my fish with chemicals. I'm using a new product and want to make sure I use it correctly.

Boogety48 said:
Please forgive me for not wanting to kill my fish with chemicals. I'm using a new product and want to make sure I use it correctly.

You can get a syringe and fill a cap full then use the syringe and divide what u get by 5 and you'll have what you need for a 10g.

If you want an exact ammount, put tap water into the cap, then poor it into a medicine cup. For your 10gallon, divide that number by 20%, for the 20 gallon, 40%. Id eyeball it on the cap though. Just do a little less then half the cap for the 20 gal, and half that for the 10 gal. Thats just me though

Thank you.
I haven't used it yet because I still have the other stuff I've been using. I'm going to get a syringe tomorrow when I go out so that I can know the amount I used. I have people that like to "help" and if I don't know what to tell them they try to guess at it. Last time that ended very badly.

Somebody, somewhere on this forum said 2 drops per gallon. I have been using a 3 ml syringe. I guess what I'm saying is, the size of the drops will vary according to what size syringe/dropper you're using, but I have been mixing about 10 of those drops with 4 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket (I'm dosing a little more than is required, "just in case") and it has been working fine for me. So I say, 2 drops per gallon, more or less.

Prime directions say 1 capful (5ml) for 50 gallons. So simple math calculates that as 1ml per 10 gallons. Get a medicine dropper like this that has markings for ml's.

Back
Top Bottom