Eccentric Otocinclus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Icthyological Person

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an airstone and my oto swims over to it rides the bubbles to the top, and other times she (I think) randomly swims up the side of the tank, then detaches and swims back down, then repeats the process. Her late friend (R.I.P. Otty) never did this. Is this normal, or is my oto uh... how to put this... uh... crazy? (like that guy)-> :multi:

Some otos like to swim, others like to sit. I actually like it better when they swim around.

Some people just like the thrill rides :D.

Everyone is unique, not just the pink fleshy ones that walk around on two feet ;).

A member on this site talked about a fish that liked to play in the return flow of his HOB filter, and the fish would even swim right into the filter, then ride the return flow back into the tank.

My two have quite different personalities. One is quie active. The other shy and you only really see him when lights are off.

As long as they are eating and appear healthy then I doubt anything is actually wrong. You have an extrovert from the sounds of it.

Back
Top Bottom