Eco complete? Also best t5 ho brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my tank is a 55g. It has normal black gravel. I have a newly purchased coralife with 4 t5 ho. Here is my question is it worth replacing my old gravel to Eco complete? It will cost me like $100. Also the light fixture I have was originally a SW light. So it have 2 1200k bulbs and 2 actinic bulbs. I'm going to replace the two 1200k bulbs with two giesemann bulbs to better suit my plants. Will this fixture be good or should I also replace the two actinic bulbs as well. IK these will do nothing for my plants.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...2-514C-43BB-8A6D-871AEDDB91BB_zpsq955zini.png here are the two bulbs by giesemann I was going to buy. Should I replace the Actinics with flora sun by zoo med?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is Eco complete considered gravel or is it sand?

Regular Eco complete is more of a gravel but Eco complete "fine" is more of a sand. The "fine" is a little easier to plant in but I think it's typically a little more expensive too. Both are good at nutrient uptake though.

Amodan I'm pretty sure you have a t5 ho fixture what are your four bulbs you have in it?

You can always use sand and root tabs, or cap Eco with cheaper sand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The actinic bulbs (which are blue) are not considered good for planted tanks...but coral. I use 2 midday and 2 aquaflora for my fixture and the plants doing very well.
I would replace the gravel with eco complete as well

Yea I'm getting a midday and an aqua flora. I was advised to only only get two bulbs as I don't have a co2 system. The actinic while doesn't do any good for plants also doesn't do anything bad so I will just keep them for aesthetic reasons.

How the does the mix of aqua flora and midday look?

Bought the two giesemann and 96 lbs of activ flora

Back
Top Bottom