Ecoxotic E-series lights overheating and switching off too much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleyheathhays

Aquarium Advice Regular
September last year I ordered two Ecoxotic E-90 (36") LED lights and one of them immediately started switching off after about 5 minutes of being on and does that continuously. Stays off about 5 mins then comes back on. I believe this is due to it's overheating.

The other one does it somewhat but not nearly as often.

My house is kept at around 78F, and I know that's a little warm but I'm sure it's not so warm it's effecting the lights ability to dissipate heat quickly enough so that it doesn't continue to shut itself off.

Is this a common known problem with these lights and has Ecoxotic been able to correct the problem since a year ago?

Thanks

I have 4- 48" stunner strips by Ecoxotic and have never had one go off. Have them on a timer they come on for 4 hours off 4 hours then on 4 hours the off 12 hrs. Never missed a beat unless power is turned off.

I would call manufacture and ask them what's going on may be defective.

Oh let us know what they say. Good to know if they have good costumer relations.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have the Ecoxotic E-series full spectrum and have had no problems with it. As said I would call the seller or the manufacture.

Thanks for the replies you guys.

Mike do you remember when you purchased yours?

Back
Top Bottom