Eel problems :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just make sure the carbon is out of your filter, Nu Nu & it is okay to use a bit more if you have a heavy infestation.....perfectly safe....ad I did not use any salt, just this med and temp up :)

I never stopped running my filter and left everything intact - just removed the carbon insert......leave your filter running/your bacteria in it will be fine with the medicine...

Ohhhhh okay thats what i meant by filter! I meant carbon thingey :) haha so should i put the carbon thing in a bucket with water or not? Thanks!!

Toss the carbon cartridge/pad and start with a new one after you get rid of the ich in a few weeks. The good bacteria on your sponge insert stays in the filter and keeps running during treatment.

Okay thanks for the info! I put in the medsand turned down heater and turned off lights. So the temp would be fine at 77 right?

I would suggest a temp of at least 80 - since you had it up so high before try not to decrease it too fast.....80-82 is fine in association with the medicine.....

try not to fluctuate your temp too much - leave it steady and on the warm side - fish stress out more when temps fluctuate and that worsens the ich

Good luck, Nu Nu! Let me know how you do....have a good evening :)

Haha i hope he does ok. I have a feather fin catfish as well... I hope hes ok :) an yea you too! Thanks!

Hes ok so far!! Im about to put another dose of medicine in :) but the temperature isnt going down! :/ still 84.5!

Float bags of ice cubes in your tank. Do not put ice directly in tank. Put in bags that will not put ice water in your tank. It's recommended that you lower your temp. 4' each day. So by the end of the day have the tank at 80 and that should be fine.

Yes that is the best way to lower temperature that I have ever heard of beside turning a heater and light off.

I feed my eel bloodworms rwice a week and flakes twice a week! He doesnt eat the flakes, but he LOVES the bloodworms! Is this enough food for him, and should i be using a differant type of meat for him? Thanks!

I've been doing some research cause I'm getting mine soon. Supposedly your not suppose to feed them flakes it does nothing for them. They like worms bloodworms and brine shrimp. They a carnivorous.

Sorry i meant wafers, and thise are for my feather fin catfish! Haha my eel eats lots of bloodworms! Do brine shrimp come in little frozen squares like the blood worms do..? Thanks! I hope ur eel does well! Name him nu nu.. Or na na.. Or ne ne ;)

Back
Top Bottom