Eel proofing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBenns

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to buy a peacock eel but I'm not quite sure how to prevent him from getting out. I have a 29 gallon tank with a HOB filter and a heater. Any suggestions would be great, and so would pictures!

I have a peacock eel, he doesn't try to get out much but sometimes tries to get into my pump. What kind of problems do you think you will have?

HImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390162044.819523.jpg he hides most of the day, and really just chills other than poking his nose out of my sand all day.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390162115.378336.jpg make sure you have a sand or fine gravel for your peacock eel to get in

I have a peacock eel, he doesn't try to get out much but sometimes tries to get into my pump. What kind of problems do you think you will have?

I just know that eels are great escape artists and people take precautions to prevent them from getting out. And is the sand or fine gravel a must if I have lots of other hiding spots?

I would advise adding floating plants. This will help the eel feel secure and less inclined to jump or slither out

Back
Top Bottom