Eels and oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I might be getting a new tank and I've done research online on oscars but I didn't find anything on if they are compatible. I was thinking that fire eel guy or something similair. Also wh at about lobsters? Plecos?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I might be getting a new tank and I've done research online on oscars but I didn't find anything on if they are compatible. I was thinking that fire eel guy or something similair. Also wh at about lobsters? Plecos?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

First off, we will need to know the tank size. Oscars do get pretty big, 12"+. Fire eels as well, reaching 2'+ (24"+) I think to keep both of these together you should have at least a 150 gallon tank with plenty of caves, rocks etc. These fish both have a HUGE boiload, so adequate filtration is necessary. A couple big canister filters along with some big HOB filters would make up some good filtration. I really am not that familiar with big tanks and fish, so I'm sure someone else will be able to out more than me.

Back
Top Bottom