Egg crate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have purchased some egg crate for my cichlid tank. I have 25 lbs of lava rock coming and need the egg crate for obvious reasons. I installed one section of it today, have 3 2' sections. Trying not to stress the fish too much I removed the decorations from that side of the tank, moved the sand carefully as to not cover any nosy fish and put in the egg crate. It worked but would be interested if anyone has any ideas that might be better. Of course this may be the best option for all I know but the wealth of knowledge on AA can't be ignored IMO. I also will have to get more sand for the tank I think. It is too difficult to plant the plants I have with the egg crate. Thanks in advance.

That's how I would do it...one half at a time. It's probably less stressful for the fish than being netted and moved twice. I would wait a day or so before working on the other side - give your substrate and fish some time to settle down.

That is exactly what I am doing, if I didn't know better I'd swear you were running around in my mind! LOL BTW scary place to be. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom