Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I came home today at like 3:00. My lights were off meaning my timer was having problems. Went and fixed that. At this time I noticed that on one of my Melon sword were eggs. The eggs were white meaning they are infertile? There was only like 30. They almost look like snail eggs but I do not have any eggs. The eggs could also be oto eggs (very unlikely), GBR eggs (but why would they lay them so high up), or black neon eggs (explains why they weren't being guarded). The only other thing they could be from is my angels, but from their last 7 batches they alway protected the eggs. What do you thinks. http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums...E-A8AD-4FD8-811C-DBED7A7D1C60_zpsdjecr4pw.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ram or angel eggs they lay them wherever they find fit, tetras are egg scatterers so it won't be them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've seen bothy angels and rams lay eggs before but these are different.

I think it could be the tetras. Doesn't look like ram eggs, they're normally clumped and all together.

Tetras scatter their eggs they are not found laid in one spot like that they are definitely cichlid eggs.

Tetras scatter their eggs they are not found laid in one spot like that they are definitely cichlid eggs.

I know but rams and angels have a tendency to guard theirs eggs.

Not if they aren't fertile they will eat them ot leave them to be eaten, fertile eggs are tan.

Elephantnose, heres a couple of pics of strange places my past rams have spawned, both surfaces were high and almost vertical. They completely ignored about a dozen different sized spawning rocks I placed for them.

Attachments

• 1407706109509.jpg
    1407706109509.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 1407706121070.jpg
    1407706121070.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 86
My guess is the angels have spawned - perhaps the female has dropped the eggs but the male isn't fully breeding fit at the moment, hence the eggs are not fertilised.

Look like angel eggs to me as well. Maybe the lighting being messed up interrupted them and they got confused. Fish get used to a certain lighting cycle and usually spawn at a certain time of day.

Back
Top Bottom