Eggs ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found some eggs on the back wall of my tank. The only thing they could be from is snails, pygmy cories, or oto. Im pretty sure they are snail but they look funny. It is like a big bubble with some smaller ones inside. The bubbles on the inside seem to small to be from snails though... Any thoughts? Also they are completely clear.
Thanks in advance and God bless!

I dont think I could get a good pic. Sorry. It doesnt really look like eggs I have seen in wild snails (we have wild snails that look like pond snails)

I have some pond snail eggs in my 10g atm, I'll take a picture and you can see if they look similar to what you have :>

at the moment.

Those definitely sound like snail eggs, they are kind of jelly like with tiny little specks in them.
Thats the thing they dont look like jelly. Its really smooth (Ive seen the jelly looking snail eggs alot) There are NO specks! There are round clear, bubble lookin things! Definetly not even close to specks (again I have seen the jelly like eggs with specks)

atm=at the moment
I'm lazy haha.
And unfortunately they all hatched before I could snap a pic.
Are they eggs in a cluster, touching each other?
If you touch them and they are hard they could be cory eggs.

atm=at the moment
I'm lazy haha.
And unfortunately they all hatched before I could snap a pic.
Are they eggs in a cluster, touching each other?
If you touch them and they are hard they could be cory eggs.
Yes they are in a cluster touching each other. They are just so big that I find it hard to believe any snail will come out of them lol

Hmmmmm do they look like this:

Attachments

• image-3851163588.jpg
    image-3851163588.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 55
Perhaps it would be helpful to use Google Images to look at some photos of Ramshorn snail eggs and Pond snail eggs. Maybe even use Google Images to look at eggs of your tank's other occupants.
Thanks. They do look like the ramshorn eggs. I assumed that pond snail and ramshorn eggs looked the same. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom