Eheim heater light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeilDex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a Eheim heater. A red light comes on towards the top to show when it is heating. Does anybody know whether it is safe to cover this little light with one of the suction cup holders or would it burn? The main heating part is towards the bottom, I know you don't cover this. I'm only asking because I'm getting a Betta soon & thought a light going on & off during the night may frighten him! Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a Eheim heater. A red light comes on towards the top to show when it is heating. Does anybody know whether it is safe to cover this little light with one of the suction cup holders or would it burn? The main heating part is towards the bottom, I know you don't cover this. I'm only asking because I'm getting a Betta soon & thought a light going on & off during the night may frighten him! Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think it would burn it but I've had no problems with the red light causing problems for the fish that I know of. I wouldn't cover it imo as this tells you when it is working or not.

Back
Top Bottom