Electric being shut off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is an airstone in the tank but when the power went off, so did the stone. :) I didn't want to over stress them considering the rapid drop in temperature. The syringe works good in a pinch.

Don't you have to charge the UPS up for it to actually work? I remember doing that with the older ones, but then again, maybe the technology has changed since.

I think they had to be plugged in for at least 12 hrs or something like that before you can plug anything into them.

The UPS does need to be charged before it can be used. To stay on the conservative side it should be plugged in for 24 hours before anything is plugged into it.

but one thing you need to take into consideration is the room temperature...
For that guy's house, only the power strip failed. For the topic writer, he had all power cut off, and it was cold outside.

Yes, the temp in the house dropped drastically. And actually, our home temp was below 60. That's the lowest that our thermometer shows so it was below that temp. It just caused additional stress.

Back
Top Bottom