Electric blue ballon ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard of it myself, but the name sounds cool. Gives me a funny mental picture!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Heres one:
attachment.php

The prices are high because electric blue fish are the new it fish. Sellers offer them at high prices because people chose to pay that much. You know the quote. Good luck with your fish though.

Actually, I have heard of it, just not the balloon part. But I don't know how much they'd cost around here.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

They are a new designer fish out there. I dislike balloon rams about as much as blood parrots but they do fetch a premium, however a proven pair can of normal EB rams can be had for $50 bucks. I got my pair for $15 from a local breeder and plan on selling any babies at $30/ea per male and $25/ea per female.

They are a hybrid fish, man made. But some do live long. On another forum I used to get on, one of the mods had a 9 and 8 year old blood parrots.

I don't approve of balloon fish. They often don't live as long. They aren't just color morphs. They are physically deformed so their internals aren't functioning properly and they cannot swim as well either.

Just another weak, flash in the pan selectively bred abberation... I personally don't get the appeal of a completely unnatural looking, hard to keep alive fish. To each their own though... free market and all. I wouldn't pay anything for them much less $30 personally though.

Ty: that picture is flooded with blue. They probably sell coral too. That seems to be a popular tactic, bathe it in 20K and it is purty...

Designer fish... Like Goldendoodles. We Had a goldendoodle that had a deformed esophagus and had to put her down. Then we found out that most dogs of her type had that. Designer pets are bred without the animals' health in mind, just the thought of Ooh, money!! It's sad.

Back
Top Bottom