Elephant Nose ok for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a Fluval Roma 200 which is 53g / 200 litres. Will a Elephant Nose fish be suitable? On some sites I've read a 40g is minimum while on others I've read a 50g is minimum.

Aqadvisor website warns me saying its "not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 30.5 cm."

But with the fact I'm over the minimum 50g I'm now confused.

Hi I keep elephant nose fish and that size of tank is fine. What other fish do you have?

What size of tank do you have and are they difficult to keep? I'll have..

5 x Boesemani Rainbow fish (they're on order)
1 x Hoplo Catfish
1 x Bristlenose Plec
And the Elephant Nose if I can have it.

I'd like to have 1 Rainbow Shark as well but Aqadvisor says with that my filtration capacity would be 89%, and Aquarium fully stocked at 100%. I'd like to keep the filtration over 100% and the stocking level under 100%.

What size of tank do you have and are they difficult to keep? I'll have..

5 x Boesemani Rainbow fish (they're on order)
1 x Hoplo Catfish
1 x Bristlenose Plec
And the Elephant Nose if I can have it.

I'd like to have 1 Rainbow Shark as well but Aqadvisor says with that my filtration capacity would be 89%, and Aquarium fully stocked at 100%. I'd like to keep the filtration over 100% and the stocking level under 100%.
Hi
I have a 70gallon. It has my fully grown elephant who is 6yrs old and 5 babies, I'll have to upgrade at some point but they're very slow growers.
I think that elephant nose fish are species only but sometimes it can work but rare lol
They can be difficult to keep but are worth it if you are willing to design the tank out for them.

Ok thanks. I've read that it's advisable to keep one as if more than one the weaker will get picked on.. any truth in that?

Yeah I'd definitely only go with the one especially as you'll be adding other fish. Watch too make sure he gets too feed he'll only eat live or frozen. And keep an eye on him bullying other's. If you need any other info just ask.

Back
Top Bottom