elephant nose tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi looking for ideas for tank mates for my elephant nose. It's a 55 with a pearl gourami, 1 bnp, 1 bulldog plec & 4 cories. I'm looking for something for top to mid level something not aggressive but can hold its own. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Some type of danio would be exactly what you described, pearl, zebra, leopard are all different varieties that don't grow to large, or a larger type of tetra maybe? Not as much of a top level swimmer but they like mid water, something like serpae, bleeding heart, lemon, black widow, black phantom, any of the neons are good too. Hope this helps

Shane87 said:
Some type of danio would be exactly what you described, pearl, zebra, leopard are all different varieties that don't grow to large, or a larger type of tetra maybe? Not as much of a top level swimmer but they like mid water, something like serpae, bleeding heart, lemon, black widow, black phantom, any of the neons are good too. Hope this helps

Thanks, think I,ll have a look at the tetras, never had them before. Something with color would be good. I,ll get a look at my lfs tomorrow. How many should I get?

They are schooling so at least 5 is best :) and cool hope you find some you like.

bettaowner said:
African butterfly fish are another good option.

I,ve actually been reading about them, saw them in my lfs yesterday. But they say their nippy & really jumpy. Their really cool & I would like an other oddball in my tank lol would they get on with my other fish? Thanks for the suggestion :)

Back
Top Bottom