Ember tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was given 2 ember tetras, I put them in my community tank and I already have 7 neons and 6 black tetras - i know that tetras should reAlly have a larger school, and I feel bad for these 2, but no fish shops in my area have ember tetras.. How advisable is it to get the school up ASAP?

I was given 2 ember tetras, I put them in my community tank and I already have 7 neons and 6 black tetras - i know that tetras should reAlly have a larger school, and I feel bad for these 2, but no fish shops in my area have ember tetras.. How advisable is it to get the school up ASAP?

Are the other Tetras the only tankmates? I would get some more Embers, but as long as there isn't a perceived "predator" fish in the tank, they won't be overly frightened.

Schooling fish school as a form of safety in numbers. You could look up Aquabid for some Ember Tetras, or I believe (at least last I knew) that the user Severum Mama had some for sale. I highly recommend her :)

Predfan27 said:
Are the other Tetras the only tankmates? I would get some more Embers, but as long as there isn't a perceived "predator" fish in the tank, they won't be overly frightened.

Schooling fish school as a form of safety in numbers. You could look up Aquabid for some Ember Tetras, or I believe (at least last I knew) that the user Severum Mama had some for sale. I highly recommend her :)

No I have a community 260 litre, they are in with 8 mollies, 3 swordtails,2 platys, 1angel , 5 balloon mollies and 2 BN plecs, and obviously the tetras I mentioned above.
The angel is the one that would make them feel unsafe, which is why I wanted advice really (probs should of written my stocking in the first post) but he doesn't show any interest in them (still a juvenile)
I do have an empty 60l tank -but I just don't have the time to look after and set up another tank yet. I did decide that if they seemed too stressed I'd try and set the other one up for them but I would much rather wait until next year as I'm snowed under as it is at the mo
Thanks for letting me know about severum mama, seen her name a lot actually. I live in the UK, so will have to look into getting some somehow. What school number would you recommend?

Honestly you could go around the 6ish mark with them. They don't get overly large (although larger than one would think!) and 6 would provide enough to relatively school with. I wouldn't be surprised if it became a mixed school with some of the other Tetras.

The two that were given to me one is larger than the other, i obviously want them as comfortable and happy as poss but don't want to overload my tank either. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom