Emergency!!! Tank exploded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
As the title says... My 2ft tank exploded early this morning. Saved all the guppies and gave them to a friend (worked well as I wanted them gone anyway)
My issue is I have a 3cm pleco in there and 3 mystery snails - would they be ok in my cichlid tank?? Cichlids are all only juveniles.

No they aren't big, I put the snails in and I've got my pleco in a floating breeder to make sure he is right for awhile before I let him go in there. Can't believe this happened!!

snails won't.last long.with cichlids I.tried before pleco should be ok tho

I had this happen to me as well about 3 months ago. My wife and I were sitting I. The living room where the fish tank was thank god it was only 2 weeks old at this point with a. Few fish in it and all of a sudden I don't know if the house shifted or what but the bottom of the tank split I. Half lengthwise and all 36 gallons started running out so I had to try to get the water up while netting the fish and at the same time try to suck the water I could I to buckets so it didn't go on The floor. Thank god the fish store toon the tank back and gave us a new one the next day.

I had this happen to me as well about 3 months ago. My wife and I were sitting I. The living room where the fish tank was thank god it was only 2 weeks old at this point with a. Few fish in it and all of a sudden I don't know if the house shifted or what but the bottom of the tank split I. Half lengthwise and all 36 gallons started running out so I had to try to get the water up while netting the fish and at the same time try to suck the water I could I to buckets so it didn't go on The floor. Thank god the fish store toon the tank back and gave us a new one the next day.

That's exactly how this cracked - in half lengthwise. We did have a big storm right on top of the house last night with a lot of thunder so I'm wondering if the vibration of that has caused it.

OMG I'll stop complaining lol!!

I'm thinking this was meant to happen - it means the plants have now gone into my cichlid tank and it looks amazing now, I'm so happy with it, and my bettas have the light!! Everyone wins - my friend is pretty happy with the amount of guppies she got for free lol!!

Oh boy this is scary to a noobie like me! I am hoping my 60g doesn't explode and especially when my small kids are in front of it!! Please tell me this happening is rare??

Back
Top Bottom