empty liquor bottle in fishtank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dale_I said:
I know it isn't Jager, but a vintage Coke bottle might look cool. And, it's clear!

And at that way thicker and more of a challenge to cut

This is a great idea! At the Tennessee Aquarium, they have a tank that has tons of trash in it (everything specially varnished, etc. to prevent harm to the fish) and some of the smaller lake fish swimming around. I know it is supposed to send the message of how horribly the lakes are treated around here, but it made me want to do something similar! I would love to see some picks of what you do.

Bige said:
I would sand the edges just in case. You could also cut the bottom off with the old bar trick. Fill bottle about a 1/4 full, then with the palm of your hand, hit the top. Clean break. Check it out on youtube. I know it works on beer bottles.

You have to hit very very hard on vodka bottles. I hit it so hard I bruised my palm and it still didn't break.

Where us an update on your progress with the bottle hippy?

I'm waiting till I can post pics. I guess I dropped too many this month...it looks cool though, adding another one soon, because my fish like the explorin space :)

hippy guy said:
I'm waiting till I can post pics. I guess I dropped too many this month...it looks cool though, adding another one soon, because my fish like the explorin space :)

I did this but with a vodka bottle and I have to say, so far its pretty nice

o.jonathan.o said:
I did this but with a vodka bottle and I have to say, so far its pretty nice

Here is a pic of mine

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110919_140430.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110919_140430.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 137
Back
Top Bottom