Empty tank. What to add.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it's a Dwarf Gourami. Sorry lol I've been frequenting the chat room here and I've become accustomed to the lingo.

What fish looks good in sunshine? Like maybe idirescent or somethin.

yea I want some ghosties :) how about I give yall an idea of the theme then you tell me what you think? I have pothos vine growing out of the tank and duckweed on top. I also have black sand. So kinda a marshy setup.

You could do an amazon biotope with lots of live plants and shrimp, and a few black skirt tetras or corys.

In a 5 gallon? What about endlers? How many could I have if I wanted males and females?

Like endler guppies? it should be fine, but i wouldn't add more than three.
oh, and for the biotope i mentioned, I meant three black skirt tetras OR three corys. not both in the tank.

Endlers livebearers. A species of guppy (well some would say just similar species) The males are smaller though. And they breed like rabbits but unlike guppies wont eat their own young.

ok, they should be fine, I wouldn't keep more than three or four though.

Now wont the greedy plants I have change that somewhat? I mean I will watch the water quality but I though /i could have more than that.

You could do about 6-7, if you have a filter and lots of plants and do water changes regularly.

I say, just try it, If all goes well, then add a couple more. It all depends on peoples opinions on how many fish to keep. The guy at my lfs said told me if i used a emperor filter from marineland and had lots of plants that i could house up to 10 fish in my 5g.

I say, just try it, If all goes well, then add a couple more. It all depends on peoples opinions on how many fish to keep. The guy at my lfs said told me if i used a emperor filter from marineland and had lots of plants that i could house up to 10 fish in my 5g.
I tend to agree with overstocking in good conditions lol Hey cab a male and female betta be kept together?

I tend to agree with overstocking in good conditions lol Hey cab a male and female betta be kept together?
It is not advised, nor is it recommended. They CAN be kept together, but that doesn't mean they should be kept together. The male will constantly harass the sole female, sometimes to the point where the female dies from stress. Either there should be 1 male for every 2-3 females, or the couple should only be kept together for a short time for breeding purposes. The most popular option is to just have 1 betta per tank...

I will just stick with that lol I may go for the endlers....

GodFan said:
Endlers livebearers. A species of guppy (well some would say just similar species) The males are smaller though. And they breed like rabbits but unlike guppies wont eat their own young.

Oh wow. Thanks!

Some cool fish to look at are clown kililfish. They're sweet, don't have any personal experience but they're awesome. I think Austalies (SP?), which is another killifish, might be ok in there. Chili Rasboras are amazing. I have 7 of them with a betta in an 8g tank. They're very tine and very colorful with plenty of personality. You could do the chilis with some shrimp, that'd make it a very nice tank. I think the chilis and dario dario would be good too. I've seen the dario and they're small as well. The endlers are great, but I haven't had the best experience with them since they've always been very mean with other fish IME. Just thought that I'd put my input on them!

Some cool fish to look at are clown kililfish. They're sweet, don't have any personal experience but they're awesome. I think Austalies (SP?), which is another killifish, might be ok in there. Chili Rasboras are amazing. I have 7 of them with a betta in an 8g tank. They're very tine and very colorful with plenty of personality. You could do the chilis with some shrimp, that'd make it a very nice tank. I think the chilis and dario dario would be good too. I've seen the dario and they're small as well. The endlers are great, but I haven't had the best experience with them since they've always been very mean with other fish IME. Just thought that I'd put my input on them!
preciate it! I am kinda stuck. Chillis, sparkling gourami, or endlers. Or another betta lol I dont think I can get chillis or clown killies. I am nervous about DGs or I ould want them.

Back
Top Bottom