Empty tank. What to add.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hehe Im considering it :) I have some greedy plants so Im not to worried about overstocking bioload wise.......

GodFan said:
hehe Im considering it :) I have some greedy plants so Im not to worried about overstocking bioload wise.......

What greedy plants do you have? My nitrates re high. About 80ppm. My tap water has high nitrates. I want some plants to eat the nitrates faster.

ccross said:
Endlers need at least 20G from what I've read.

They really don't. I've had them in a 8g, a 12g, and for a short while 55G. They were very good in the 8g, which is just a bit taller than a 5g. I think they'd be fine. I'm not sure why 20g is the min... They definitely don't need that much space.

They really don't. I've had them in a 8g, a 12g, and for a short while 55G. They were very good in the 8g, which is just a bit taller than a 5g. I think they'd be fine. I'm not sure why 20g is the min... They definitely don't need that much space.

Thats good to know. I didnt know what they were until I read this thread and looked them up. They really are an interesting looking fish. Would 4 be overkill for a 5g?

ccross said:
Thats good to know. I didnt know what they were until I read this thread and looked them up. They really are an interesting looking fish. Would 4 be overkill for a 5g?

As long as you got all males, no. But if you add females to the mix yes! Plus the males are prettier;)

I have duckweed and pothos vine. In my 26 I had 0 trates at the last test because I have water sprite, wisteria, banana plant, and a crypt. Oh and moneywort but it isnt doing much.

I plan on having females and males because I want babies :) I will take out the extras and get some store credit at my LFS.

Thank you I will look up this plants and see if I can squeeze one in my little tank. :)
OH I should mention that pothos vine is not aquatic! It can only have its roots and some stem underwater!

Back
Top Bottom