Endlers and Shrimp Good tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian1357

Aquarium Advice Regular
Like the title says Do they make good neighbors?
If they do what shrimp do yo recommend?
Cheers
Ian

I think so yes, they are good tank mates. As said above they will eat the shrimplets. Since endlers aren't necessarily hunting fish they won't go out of their way to look for the baby shrimp but if they come across one then they will most likely eat it.

I kept a large colony of Endler's with several colony attempts at RCS. The larger shrimp would be okay for a while but then eventually die off in a few days or weeks. They definitely ate any shrimpletts within hours of seeing them. Now that I've moved the Endler's and only have shrimp in the tank, they're thriving and breeding like crazy. Currently have 3-4 very berried females:) IMO, the Endler's may stress out the shrimp and may want to get a nibble!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the tank is heavily planted (think veritable impassible jungle), the shrimp will do fine. Else, fuggedaboudit.

I would avoid ghost shrimp. When I had some, they started eating my endlers. I think I may have gotten macros instead.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep endlers and shrim together in a 10 gal. With a sponge filter. The shrimp colony is growing but probably not as fast as it would without the endlers. Give the shrimp plenty of hiding spaces and enough of the shrimpletts will survive to grow the colony.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom