Endlers in "soft water"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalmackdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im getting endlers on the 25th and i have hard, alkaline water which i kno is there ideal conditions.
But i have setup a DIY co2 system for my plants and will be getting a diffuser soon. So once the co2 has dissolved into the water, will it lower the ph to the point to were they cant cope? Because i have read that hard alkaline water is hard to be altered, and that when co2 lowers PH levels its diffrent than a buffer, or special substrate lowering it.
So will they be okay?
And because ill have co2, but i have plants and a filter output agitation, do i need a bubbler?
And will endlers eat baby shrimp? Sorry for all the questions
Thanks!
Mack

The harder the water it is, the less it gets affected by Co2, but either way the fish will be fine, it's nothing to worry about.

And yes they will likely eat baby shrimp. I have kept endlers with my shrimp, and still do in one tank, but the best way to maximize shrimp output is by keeping fish out of the tank.

jetajockey said:
The harder the water it is, the less it gets affected by Co2, but either way the fish will be fine, it's nothing to worry about.

And yes they will likely eat baby shrimp. I have kept endlers with my shrimp, and still do in one tank, but the best way to maximize shrimp output is by keeping fish out of the tank.

Alright thnks! Ya i was going to have an all shrimp tank, but i want to let the tank mature first.
Int the tank with the fish, do they breed and do the babies survive?

jetajockey said:
It's different with every setup, if they have a lot of hiding places they have a better chance at survival. A thick patch of java moss helps a lot.

Awesome because i have a nice moss wall growing right now.

Back
Top Bottom