Endler's livebearers???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you picked up your endlers with a batch of feeder guppies, then you can probably be 99% sure they are endler-guppy hybrids. Like you said, they are still quite beautiful, it's just important that in the future should you sell or give them away to anyone else, you need to inform the recipient so that they don't put them in the same tank as pure endlers and thus dilute the bloodline.

And I definitely wouldn't put any endler or guppy, male or female, in any shrimp tank if I was wanting to breed the shrimp, as babies will be toast.

I have endlers and RCS in my 10G, I have baby shrimp doing well but I do think that they have eaten some babies. They leave the adults alone, but do peck at the algae wafers which can scare the shrimp trying to eat it, lol.

The females are not colorful at all like the males, mine are plain gray. All of the babies are just gray color, then when they get basically full sized then the color appears on the males. At 1st you just see a couple spots of color, but it will become brighter and fill out.

I have 3 males in my 55g and they get along great and most of the time they are together playing all day, every once and awhile 1 will go off by itself for a little bit.

Those aren't "Class N" wild stock. They are more likely K which are crosses with guppies. Only the males will be "colorful". I just got my Class N stock of Endlers in last week. They are prolific breeder with the females giving birth every 23-28 days. I can't wait to have a bunch of babies. I'll be selling them so let me know if you want some Class N stock. Don't keep them with guppies though!!!

Back
Top Bottom