Endler's pregnant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, my endler's are pregnant but I've only found one or two babies so far. Is it normal for them to only have single babies at a time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Actually they don't. They are just like guppies when it comes to breeding. They release their fry within a 2-6 hour period. Is this their first pregnancy?

Actually they don't. They are just like guppies when it comes to breeding. They release their fry within a 2-6 hour period. Is this their first pregnancy?

I'm not sure if it's their first, it might be because some are on the smaller side. This week I've just noticed one baby one day, another two days later

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When I had endlers a while back they did

Well I have endler's now :p

I'm guessing it is their first or second brood so it may be small, and many of the babies may have just been eaten. That would explain why there are only a couple.

If there are other fish in there, it is likely some fry will be eaten. As has been stated, younger fish will make smaller batches of fry. Also, Endler's do not generally eat many offspring, but younger ones are more likely to do it. If there are an Endler/guppy cross they also may just eat their own offspring like guppies do.
Fish drop fry at various rates, depending on several circumstances. So, you are both right. :)
Just so you know, fish don't get pregnant. They have eggs that develop inside them, so the term in this case is "gravid" which means full of eggs. :)
Put up pics someplace if you can, Endler's are pretty little things.

If there are other fish in there, it is likely some fry will be eaten. As has been stated, younger fish will make smaller batches of fry. Also, Endler's do not generally eat many offspring, but younger ones are more likely to do it. If there are an Endler/guppy cross they also may just eat their own offspring like guppies do.
Fish drop fry at various rates, depending on several circumstances. So, you are both right. :)
Just so you know, fish don't get pregnant. They have eggs that develop inside them, so the term in this case is "gravid" which means full of eggs. :)
Put up pics someplace if you can, Endler's are pretty little things.

Yup, most endlers in general are hybrids as well. Technically, all pregnancies are just internal eggs developing including humans.

Back
Top Bottom