Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Should not be any ammonia number in an established tank.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:09 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its very strange really. Even if high chlorine or amonia levels but fish can't die like that next day. Its like something was in water that caused fish to die like this quick.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Regular

I agree with a comment mentioned earlier, could there have been some type of chemical or soap in the bucket? I've seen this lead to a mass killing of fish. I've also read that lead leachate from old pipes can reach high enough concentrations to kill fish... Hoping you don't have lead pipes... but still something to think about.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm so sorry. Recently lost most of a tank after a water change and still have no idea why. (Within minutes even). Most of the fish weren't fish I was particularly attached to, just one. But I was still quite upset. Still don't really know what happened. Kept the tank cycled and now have a group of frogs and otos in there. Good luck!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Unhappy

I am going with the contaminate water in the bucket. It was to quick for anything else.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com