Errr.... Question on behavior of ADFs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
...I just went into my room and I have one frog grasping around the middle of the other frog... If I remember correctly, isn't that a mating behavior? And if I also remember correctly if they have a white spot under their arm they're male.... because.. I hate to break it to him if that's the case but he's just grabbing another male ^^;

aaa

Um, I bet he will figure it out soon enough. 8O I may be misremerbering some Zoology, but I think male frogs are pretty indiscriminate as to who or what they 'give their affection' to. Confusing, perhaps embarrasing, but usually no harm done. Anyone else? Am I having another Senior Moment?

Well I've noted on several occasions that some things...just don't care xD So I wasn't worried about the male breeding male thing... My mollies do that all the time @__@ lol

I had a lop ear rabit that kept trying with my sisters cat... Both were male too. The poor cat was smaller than the rabit so he just had to put up with it 8O

Nature is funny that way.

Well they probably don't care who they're grabbing if they're desperate enough to pass on genes or display dominance ^^; It's not like a dog was trying to violate a turtle or something @__@ They at least usually look similar to what they're trying to do it with ^^; ._. I'm just kinda glad it doesn't work for the animals that are different and opposite sexes...though the idea of a rabbit/cat mix sounds pretty funny xDD (if they weren't both male that is lol)

Back
Top Bottom