Estes marine sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlwright1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone used this sand before? I've read it's a good sand that doesn't require rinsing prior to be put into the tank. Also I've read it's inert and can be used in freshwater tanks.

I'm going to have a planted aquarium and am deciding on a substrate. I think I've narrowed it down to this and pool filter sand. I know with PFS you need to put root tabs in and I would assume it's the same for the Estes.

Did you buy it?
My only comment would be that getting one high in clay content will help the plants in the long run (although will be painful to get settled into tank).

I haven't bought it yet but saw stuff about it on another forum. They mentioned that there was no rinsing involved which I highly doubt. It's a little more expensive so wanted to other experiences before buying.

I was thinking the same thing as I'm looking to aquascape with some sand and trying to find something that will help the plants.

Lol - never had anything yet that doesn't need rinsing :) Seachem clarity I've found quite good for clearing tanks. I've had the tank on re-scapes where I can't see an inch into tank and it's cleared it in a day or two fairly well (mostly on maybe heavier iron rich clays).

Back
Top Bottom