ever heard of exodons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onimusha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think thats how u spell it exodons. I hear they are predator like and not your community fish. the way it sounds as if they have similar characteristics to piranhas the way people say they attack and strip down any fish. the way it all sounds is like something out of a horror movie lol is any of this true about exodons?

It's amazing what you can learn with a simple google search. I'd heard of these, but never bothered to look them up before. They are most certainly a real fish, but they are not horrific as such. They're just terrible community fishes... have to be kept with their own kind and fed well. They can be pretty violent feeders.

Check out the entry on Seriously Fish.
Exodon paradoxus (Bucktooth Tetra) — Seriously Fish

Rumours are like that. Even piranha are not as bad are their movie rep would have them. I would not get into a body of water with any sort of wound if there were piranha in it, but they don't lurk just waiting for human flesh either :).

iv got piranhas myself in my bedroom, very skittish and active, I put my hand in to move decorations around but they scatter lol nothing like piranha movies. but saying that they are a bit sneaky and smart in their approach.

i love those fish! i believe they are also called bucktooth tetras? not sure but i just got a school of them last week! they do well with very large fish

Back
Top Bottom