ever seen a betta do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i thought that this was pretty cool and maybe some of u would like to se it too. i have had my betta for a while now and he has always slept the same way. i thought there was something wrong with him at first but he has been doin this for over a year now so i guess it doesnt hurt lol. anybody have a betta that does this aswell?

we don't have a filter in our betta bowl, but that would scare the s**t out of me if I saw one of my fish purposefully sticking itself to the filter intake. My pleco likes hanging out behind the intake pipe, but not on the intake itself.

My betta always rests on the sponge filter.
Obviously your betta isn't going to be sucked up into the filter, but I would worry that his little habit might damage his finnage.
Very neat photo!

o_O nope...my male doesn't do that but his tail will get sucked into the filter every now and then...

Wow thats cool. Like DiverDown, my plecos go on my filter all the time, but never a betta!

lol i dont think i have ever worried about him being sucked up the filter but i never really thought about it damaging his fins. his top fins is really weird it looks like he had fin rot at some point in his life becasue it is all chewed up lookin. a sponge filter is diffferent, bettas like to lay on top of them. my betta wraps completly around the filter and then stays there all night. he is completly off the ground and only being held up by the filter it is really something you have to see.glad u liked the picture :)

My betta would swim close by my filter intake and his fins would get sucked on. It really messed them up though so I put a sponge over the intake.

Wow, that is a unique picture! I would be worried about the betta's fins too, but if they are not getting ripped up, and he likes this spot, I wouldn't worry about it. I have a plastic soap dish with java moss in it for a betta bed. It has holes on the bottom, and I've seen all my bettas swim up through the holes, or leave the "bed" by swimming down through the moss and out the hole. I used to worry about them, but they are fine and I know they probably won't stop doing this, and I don't want to take it out because they love their bed so much. So unless your betta starts to hurt himself in some way, I wouldn't worry!

ok the moth in the picture is on a skateboarding picture it is a sub name of a company. i have no backround on the tank so you are seeing my bedroom wall. i have a skateboarding collage on it lol. and i am pretty sure that he isnt dead lol. it doesnt seem to affect his fins at all so he is good. thanks for all your input by the way. any other unique bettas out there?

Well, one of my bettas likes to sit on the top suction cup of the heater. I recently got a new heater, and the suction cup arrangement is a little different. The betta can't really sit on the top suction cup anymore. He was so mad for a day or two!

My betta does the same thing. i used to be worried he was hurting himself, but now it helps to know that someone else's betta does it too. my betta's top fin also looks a little bit chewed up looking. i used to think he had fin rot. but maybe it is just the filter. 8O

weird. i didnt think anyone else had the fin problem but it doesnt seem to be affecting him so i dont really care. how long have you had your betta?

My betta does the same exact thing but it was damaging his fins and I put a sponge over the intake.

Lol, I looked at the picture the day you posted it and thought it was cute. Last night, i walked into the diningroom and saw my betta doing the same thing! They definitely do some funny things.

Back
Top Bottom