Everyday Items Used as Aquarium Decoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenAngel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up another aquarium, and instead of spending a lot of money (as I have in the past) I was going to use items around the house to decorate. I was wondering how I can tell if it is safe for the fish or toxic?I included some pictures of items I found and I'm also thinking about using some of the "fairy garden" figurines found at nurseries. Any thoughts on this?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407432480.612580.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407432497.314278.jpg

Here's the pics again, they didn't upload the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Alright, I'm glad I asked then. I may go ahead and bite the bullet and order actual decorations online. Do you know of any dealers or stores online that have low prices?

I really like the mushroom but I'd rather just get things I know are safe than risk fish because I think one decoration is prettier than another. Thanks for the help

I believe some of them contain paint toxic to fish but I'm not sure how to tell which do, and which don't.

How about going on a hike and looking for neat rocks or pieces of driftwood? I find myself constantly on the lookout whenever I'm in nature.

That's actually not a bad idea, how do you sanitize the driftwood?

Back
Top Bottom