Everyone in my tank is acting off ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
In one my tanks I have my turtle , my Oscar and my Jack. And for some reason it seems like everyone is acting crazy. My Jack is attacking my turtle, my Oscar is attacking my Jack, my turtle is digging under ornaments and moving them to the other side of the tank. ( when I say attacking I men just chasing not really attacking). I just find it odd that everyone is being weird at the same time.

As that ever happen to your tank?

Have you checked your parameters? Turtles are very messy, oscars are messy, what is your filtration and water change schedule? The turtle digging under everything and trying to get away is a sign that it isn't happy. You should move it to another tank without the cichlids so it isn't constantly being nipped at. As jack dempseys and oscars get larger and older they, especially true of jack dempseys, tend to become more aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How big is the tank? That's a pretty wild stock. Oscars and Jacks will go at it and the turtle is.probably just trying to get away from it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How big is the tank? That's a pretty wild stock. Oscars and Jacks will go at it and the turtle is.probably just trying to get away from it..

agreed... imo id recommennd a 400 gallon + for this stock.

furthermore, does the turtle have a way to get out of the water and sunbathe?

How big is everything? Filtration? Temp? Water change routine/parameters??

How big is everything? Filtration? Temp? Water change routine/parameters?.
Filter is rated for 200 gals.
Temp is 79
Water Change 20% every 2 weeks.

How big is everything? Filtration? Temp? Water change routine/parameters?.
Filter is rated for 200 gals.
Temp is 79
Water Change 20% every 2 weeks.
Well there's your problem, you're doing it all wrong;)

Well there's your problem, you're doing it all wrong;)

Not to mention a single Oscar could easily max out a 120 with that schedule but add a jack and turtle and its a death sentence. Imo rehome turtle and focus on your maintenance more. do some research

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In your profile it says you have two turtles in there. Is it two or one? Either way you should look into tripling your current filtration. Do you check your parameters?

In your profile it says you have two turtles in there. Is it two or one? Either way you should look into tripling your current filtration. Do you check your parameters?

I have them in different tanks , and yeah I check my Parameters a lot .

No one's going to help you unless you start helping yourself man.. we need lots of details. Guessing games are so 1987...

I agree with Brookster, more details would help.
Also, the fish are doing what fish do in a confined space.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom