everyone moved but two...cory behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
So everyone is back in the big tank except the two rasboras. I want to move them badly but I am also very scared to put them in there. I don't know if they are still sick or what. I am delighted with my angel fish. Its very active, always hungry, a joy to watch. My concern now is for one of my corys. A majority of its time is spent swimming back and forth along the front of the tank. Not a leisure swim, he looks like he is swimming as hard as he can. Sometimes he will swim a little up, a little down at one end of the tank but then he is back and forth, again and again. Does anyone elses do this? He is eating fine (when he stops to eat), no sign of illness, just checked the params last night , no ammo, no nitrites, nitrates 20. Could it be boredom? Its very strange.

My cories do this alot too, and nothing is wrong with them. When you are close to the glass, or just around, they get all excited.

Try observing from a far every once in a while and see if this wild cory as calmed a bit.

HTH

My corys do that all the time.
Corys often swim up to the surface and take a gulp of air - they can absorb oxygen through the gut wall.
And then, they fart! 8O
It's true, I've seen it many times!

Watch your corys closely for awhile, and you will see them dart up to the surface and then go to the bottom to rest. After a few minutes, you'll see tiny bubbles come out of them. They have no shame! :D

Well the cory seems fine now, I think it is just excitement. I have noticed the "farting" Very funny!

I think alot of different fish do this when excited.
My Danios, Oto's AND rainbowfish do it.
The rainbows and two of the danios do it when
I enter the room. Maybe they're telling me they're
hungry :)

Dan

Back
Top Bottom