everything in my aquarium turning brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samak85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone.
I noticed that stones in my aquarium are turning brown and my pleco isn't doing anything.
Is it treatable problem ?
Please help before it gets much worse. Thank you

It's a type of algae I believe. Plecos are ominovres an some will only eat algae if there starving. Otos are great algae eaters

Hmm, still looks like a pest algae but I have no idea witch, wish I could be more of a help :)

I've gotten the same thing before and sails had it cleaned in no time. My Zebra Nerite snail seems to do a little better at that type of algae than my mystery snail.

It looks like black beard algae to me. I'd remove the worst affected rocks and soak in peroxide, rinse and return to the tank. I'd also step up the frequency of water changes and reduce the time that lights are on until its under control.

These replies were really useful. Thanks a lot. I will take in your advices for sure hoping I'll find some good results.
Thanks again

I agree it's black beard algae. Do as Cactus Pixie said about treating the stones with Hydrogen Peroxide. Also only run your lights 6 hours daily.

Back
Top Bottom