evil fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you guys ever been fishing before or eaten a fish for that matter? It's the same thing, but doesn't sound bad. 0X

Even if it was a joke, some caution is called for. :soap: If someone reading the post didn't know the ethos of the group, they might think flushing and feeding to cats an acceptable thing. I didn't know that it was a joke when I read it.

For the record:
1. Flushing. Flushing a fish is commiting the fish to a horrible death. 8O The chlorine and waste water would eat away at the fish's slime coat and scales. I've read that fish sometimes survive 2 days in that awful situation before they die.

2. Feed to cat. A well fed cat will probably play with the fish for a while before the fish dies. So the fish endures being out of water and gets batted around with claws. Not a swift death. :cry: A second concern is for the cat. Lots of tank additives such as stress coat and stresszyme all say not to use for any fish used for food. So maybe it's not so good for the cat? Besides the cat probably won't recognize a fish as food. Their natural hunting instinct is triggered by small animals running away (e.g, mice) not by a fish in a feeding dish.

My 2 cents.
coolchinchilla

Back
Top Bottom