Excell dosing & BBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbib1089

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55g planted tank that has been up for about a year and a half. A few months ago I started getting a little bit of BBA. When I read up on BBA I came to the conclusion that it was caused by fluctuating co2 levels. I slowly started increasing my excell dose until it was a double dose for my tank. It worked for a while until today. After my water change I noticed a lot more BBA than there was. Should I increase the amount of excell I'm using to level out my co2? Any other suggestions?

Some tank info:
55 gallon tank
Dual T5HO lights on 7.5 hous a day
PPS pro dosing
Double dose excell
Weekly 50% water change

I have a 55g planted tank that has been up for about a year and a half. A few months ago I started getting a little bit of BBA. When I read up on BBA I came to the conclusion that it was caused by fluctuating co2 levels. I slowly started increasing my excell dose until it was a double dose for my tank. It worked for a while until today. After my water change I noticed a lot more BBA than there was. Should I increase the amount of excell I'm using to level out my co2? Any other suggestions?

Some tank info:
55 gallon tank
Dual T5HO lights on 7.5 hous a day
PPS pro dosing
Double dose excell
Weekly 50% water change

I would say go ahead and increase your dosage. I had a very similar setup and was using 1ml of excel per gallon. I went algae free for a long time after that. You could also try dropping the amount of time your lights are on to 6 hours daily.

Back
Top Bottom