Excessive snail waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So about yesterday to make a long story short i go a gold inca snail and it looked quite large but I didnt know the previous tank he was in and what conditions he had so i have him in a qt tank right now and i have noticed that he is pooping alot i dont know if this is normal for him becuase my other gold inca is smaller but dosent stop often to poop so im confused if they just get that way when they are older or if something is wrong

Probably in direct relation to amount recently consumed. Are you feeding that poor small snail?! Is he begging for food?!! Snail cannot live on tank scum alone....

I have been feeding him some algea wafers and he has been eating them like normal but idk if the previous owner had feed him anything besides just the tank scum

Well thats good then! But will the excessive about of poop cuase a negative effect in my tank? Its only a 20g with another smaller gold inca that dosent seem to make just as much waste

Back
Top Bottom