Exclamation Point Rasbora. Anyone have these cool nano fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
I cannot seem to find any good info on them anywhere. No google search reveals anything worthwhile. Does anybody have these? A general picture, info, experience, etc? My LFS labels them as "super rare" and reaching adult sizes of 3/4" to 1". You can tell their current size in reference to that baby snail in the background. Very small.

Cause it just so happens that I bought 6 of them. ;) And I really don't know much about them.

Thanks!

Oh, so far, they are having a field day exploring the 10 gallon amongst all the plants. I can barely find them. I should have gotten more...

Attachments

• img_1439__medium__403.jpg
    img_1439__medium__403.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 144
  • img_1442__medium__138.jpg
    img_1442__medium__138.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 137
I got gobs of info Googling Boraras uropthalmoides--Very, very cute.

I alllmost ordered those, but decided on Rasbora/Borara maculata for my 5 g, since they are even tinier. My little guys just arrived a couple days ago.

Lol. If you spell it the way you are spelling it, plecoperson, I get a crap load of hits too. If you spell it the way google thinks it should be spelled (urophthalmoides ), no good info at all.

Thanks for the catch!

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the Google spelling issue!

I used to do transcription for OPHTHalmologists. I would have thought that Google's spelling suggestion was correct, but all the info on this fish is spelled elsewise...

(Yes, that's right--"elsewise". It's a new word. I Googled it. 8O)

PS-Hey! "crapload" is my word!

Thanks guys, what makes me think they are not "super rare" is that there was a tank full of them at only $1.49 a piece. They had the galaxy rasboras, which is the main reason I made the trip yesterday, but they were sold out, of course. These little guys just caught my eyes. They have colored up very nicely since they got into the tank, but I can't find them long enough to get a picture!

If I got an get more, what do you guys think the max number in a 10 gallon would be? I have 6 now.

No more cherry shrimp, I think I killed em... :(

I thought about more, but was thinking about something different. Small, but different, like maybe 5-6 neon tetras. Ohhhh, the choices... These little fish are so cool though, I'm having a blast watching them.

Back
Top Bottom